ANG has sponsored a Stitch of the Month project since February 1998, in which a piece of a year-long project is presented each month. Sometimes the entire project is known at the beginning of the year and other times it is a mystery that evolves over the year. In 2013, several members of NJNA decided to do the 2013 ANG SOTM as a group that focused only on that project and met once a month when the directions came out. Since then, the group has expanded and we’ve had many wonderful stitching days doing various projects. It is a great way to explore the effects of different colorways on how a project turns out as well as to get help on a particular area of the project.
We meet the 2nd Saturday of each month at a member’s house and stitch from about 11:00am to 4:00pm. Each member brings their own lunch and the hostess provides drinks and desserts. The discussions are varied and always interesting.
Check out the results! You can also see progress on our blog.
- 2018 – Autumn Kaleidoscope by Lorene Salt
- 2017 – Carolyn Mitchell’s My Way and Tony Mineri’s Stars for the New Millenium
- 2016 – Feuilles d’Ananas by Susan Hoekstra (ANG SOTM)
- 2015 – Ruby Razzle Dazzle by Anne Strite-Kurz
- 2014 – A Different View by Kurdy Biggs
- 2013 – Four-Way Florentine by Debbie Stiehler (ANG SOTM)