A NOTE FROM OUR PRESIDENT!
Hi and welcome to the New Jersey Needle Artists website.
We are a member of the national American Needlepoint Guild (ANG) and are happy you stopped by to check out our chapter. As you can see by the many programs and projects listed, we are an active and busy guild. Our goal is to expand the art of needlepoint and to share the camaraderie of fellow stitchers.
NJNA updates our website regularly with meeting summaries, additions to our photo gallery, our newsletter, and other items of interest. I invite you to join NJNA in addition to the national ANG — please come and check out one of our meetings. We meet at 7:00 PM on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Bernards Township Library in Basking Ridge. We also have a few daytime stitching groups. Visitors and newcomers are welcome. If you need further information about our group, please use our contact form.
Diane, NJNA Chapter President
New Jersey Needle Artists (NJNA) is the local chapter of ANG in Northern New Jersey. We hold monthly meetings, issue a quarterly newsletter called The NEEDLER, and offer members the opportunity to participate in group, individual and service projects. The projects are led by visiting teachers or by chapter members. Examples of projects from recent years include:
- St. Margaret’s Star by Michael Boren and Carole Lake
- an Or Nue tutorial
- a member-designed crazy quilt with embellishments taught by Tony Mineri,
- two one-day classes taught by Orna Willis,
- a Stitch of the Month project by Sue Reed,
- a bell pull project that was designed by Mary Dare, the mother of one of our members,
- a community service project that benefited US veterans and their families,
- a Round Robin Sampler Project,
- a community service and member memorial “Bouquet for Helena”, and
- a New Jersey commemorative needlepoint quilt that proudly hangs in the Bernards Township library.
In 2014, we are expanding our Stitch Notebooks with stitches related to our programs and workshops, including a Frankie workshop, Marilyn Owens’ Ort Box with a Twist, and ANG seminar inspired projects and stitches.
In addition, NJNA hosts an annual appetizer/dessert holiday party and an occasional clean-out-your-stash auction, both of which are eagerly anticipated.
Annual dues are $70 to join both the national organization ($40) and the local chapter ($30). In addition to our spectacular show and tell period, we have a special program at most monthly meetings; e.g., group project, lecture, or demonstration. We hope that you will decide to join our group and add your talents to the many that our members have to offer. Beginning stitchers are always welcome.